- One introductory course from among the ASCL 1: Thinking through Asiaofferings
- Two Interdisciplinary, Interregional, Transnational or Diasporacourses
- note: Students can substitute an additional ASCL 1 for one of these requirements
- note: ASCL 11s also fulfill this requirement
- Three discipline specific courses
- Six language courses beyond the first-year level
- note: Students can substitute one language course with a course aboutlanguage. Substitutions must be chosen from the following list of courses: CHIN 45.01 Introduction to Classical Chinese, JAPN 45.01 Classical Japanese Grammar and Translation Workshop, ASCL 60.19 (/LING 11.02), Languages of China, ASCL 60.20 Languages and Scripts of Gender, Class, and Nation, ASCL 60.91 Meta-Japanese: Reading about the Japanese Language in Japanese, ASCL 60.92 Theory and Practice of Translation, ASCL 62.01 Chinese Calligraphy, ASCL 80.06 Chinese Calligraphy and Manuscript Culture: Orchid Pavilion.
Last Updated 7/14/2020